United Kingdom | MIHP. 299 Alan Turing Way, Manchester, M11 3BS Satnav postcode M11 2AZ. www.mihp.co.uk, Manchester
A logical and clinically reasoned approach
A course with the aim of providing physiotherapists with a logical and clinically reasoned approach to the assessment and treatment of any shoulder patient who presents to a clinic
Based on 30 years of clinical experience and the latest published research Tanya has developed courses with the AIM of providing physiotherapists with a logical and clinically reasoned approach to the assessment and treatment of any shoulder patient who presents to a clinic
The courses will provide the physiotherapist with:
• A clinically oriented review of the anatomy & biomechanics of the shoulder complex
• A logical & holistic strategy for the assessment of the shoulder complex & the kinetic chain within the context of the patient experience.
• A framework to objectively identify movement dysfunction leading to the selection of appropriate rehabilitation strategies
• Manual techniques to complement shoulder rehabilitation
• Skill acquisition involving practical demonstration & practice.
• Discussion about what in clinical practice is & is not corroborated by research
Throughout the course Tanya will be able to respond to questions relating to the medical management & surgical interventions that are commonly used in treatment of common shoulder conditions.
Places will be limited to allow enough time for interaction with the course tutor & acquisition of skills.
Tanya Mackenzie is a clinical shoulder and elbow physiotherapist who has worked in South Africa and in the United Kingdom. She completed her PhD on factors influencing the acromiohumeral distance in elite athletes in 2016. She now works exclusively in shoulder assessment, diagnosis, rehabilitation, and management of elite athletes and typical everyday patients. Tanya has several publications in peer-reviewed scientific journals and is a peer reviewer for numerous leading journals. She has presented at several international conferences and lectures on MSc programs. Tanya likes a challenge, and therefore enjoys treating complex shoulder problems.