Greece | Royal Olympic” Hotel: 28, Athanasiou Diakou, 117 43, Athens, Greece, Athens
3 day course
The ultimate goal of this 3-day course is to bring in contact Orthopaedic Surgeons and Physical Therapists with cutting edge ideas in shoulder surgery in a practical and effective way for every-day practice.
This 3-day course includes lectures by experienced shoulder surgeons on all current concepts and controversies related to both open and arthroscopic shoulder surgery, live surgeries, ultrasound workshops for shoulder evaluation and practice of modern cutting-edge techniques on cadaveric specimens. By the end of this course, surgeons will be able to:
- Understand all current rotator cuff repair techniques for partial, full thickness and massive tears
- Comprehend all current irreparable tears treatment options (growth factors, spacers, graft augmentation, tendon transfers)
- Understand all current shoulder instability treatment techniques including all current complex instability treatment alternatives like labral repairs, tendon transfers, bone grafts and coracoid transfer procedures
- Comprehend athletes’ shoulder injuries and pathology including acromio-clavicular dislocations
- Understand current controversies and apply current concepts to shoulder arthroplasty
- Familiarize themselves with the outcomes and postoperative complications following anatomic and reverse shoulder arthroplasty surgeries and develop strategies for revising failed shoulder arthroplasties
- Apply innovative shoulder disorders evaluation and management methods
- Assimilate the principles of ultrasound shoulder evaluation
Physiotherapists attending this special course will attend the main course sessions and the live surgeries on the 1st day.
On the 2nd and 3rd day they will attend the course main sessions in the morning and in the afternoon they will attend the special physiotherapists’ course.
The cost for those wishing to attend this special physiotherapists’ course is 100 euro.